Who Are We?
OpenMethods is a software company that specializes in creating solutions to enhance the customer experience by providing exceptional agent experiences.
We are seeking motivated individuals who are enthusiastic about user & customer experience.
Our application is currently utilized by major players in various industries such as Retail, eCommerce, Banking, Healthcare, and Technology.
OpenMethods processes millions of interactions per month and generates unmatched cost savings while delivering superior customer satisfaction.
As a close-knit team, we all play a critical role in developing new products and the core technology team. We take pride in utilizing cutting-edge technology and welcome innovative ideas.
Remote first culture.
We like to think we started the WFH trend, and we like to choose our employees based on talent – not geography.
We know rest is important, and we want to make sure you are able to rest and recharge throughout the year.
Premium health benefits.
Health, Vision, and Dental insurance are part of our standard offerings.
Save for the future with our company 401K plan.
Discover how our passionate and tight-knit team is revolutionizing the way customers experience our products. Don’t miss out on our current job opportunities!
OpenMethods is seeking a lead for IT and Vendor Management that is responsible for the oversight and management of vendors that provide technology, software, solutions, and consultation services. In this position, a key role is the management, oversight, and success ISO compliant vendor management that will streamline business processes while improving services and outcomes the business.
The IT Vendor Manager shall be responsible for actively engaging with, managing, and monitoring all vendors throughout the contract lifecycle to help control project costs, mitigate risks, protect the interests of the OpenMethods, hold vendors accountable, and ensure the overall success business projects. During procurement and contracting, the IT Vendor Manager will work with leaders to help write requests for proposals, evaluate prospective vendors, identify key performance indicators, develop service level expectations and associated penalties, and assist with negotiating contracts, escalations and conflicts in accordance with ISO27001.
- Provides technical assistance, training, and advice to agency staff on the preparation and submission of IT procurement requests
- Works with key stakeholders from state agencies and federal partners to obtain quotes and management approval for procurement of IT services
- Analyzes and provides feedback on agency contractual agreements to ensure compliance with state and agency procurement policies, federal requirements, service partners, and vendors
- Develops custom statements of work for complex IT procurements
- Prepares and processes financial approvals and vendor invoices for IT procurements
- Manages and tracks progress of initial procurements and renewals and reports status to key stakeholders
- Works with key stakeholders to negotiate and resolve vendor issues when conflicts or service level failures arise
- Participates in policy discussions and recommends policy or procedural changes to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Provides ad hoc reports or interprets standard reports and creates dashboards as required for state staff and partners
- Maintains internal procurement, contract, and vendor management solutions
- Works independently to analyze available information, draw conclusions and understandings and present such conclusions to senior management
- Provide assessments of the changing cybersecurity threat landscape and update identify any key requirements or changes to internal policies and processes.
- Manage employee device provisioning and act as system admin for internal software tools and systems.
- Ensure that security policies are enforced in our IT operations processes i.e. devices, permissions, etc.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Plan and Deploy for Business Results, which includes the ability to develop and implement business plans, IT plans, budget plans, and human resource plans in order to maximize budget allocations, technology, personnel and other resources to achieve agency and program goals.
- Lead Change, which includes innovation, the ability to be a creative problem solver and a strategic thinker, and the ability to recognize and develop opportunities to grow and develop information technology services in response to customers and a changing work environment.
- Focus on Results and Quality, including exercising and promoting accountability, and the ability to analyze surveys, financial and other data, and use strategic planning and performance measurement techniques to continuously improve performance and maintain competitiveness.
- Understand Customers and Markets, which includes the ability to establish customer satisfaction and loyalty, forecast and conduct market analyses, keep ahead of industry trends and incorporate “best practices” into information technology operations.
- Lead People, including the ability to resolve conflict, communicate effectively, coach and train employees, recognize performance, and foster diversity and teamwork.
- Build Coalitions, including the ability to explain and advocate facts and ideas in a convincing manner, to negotiate with individuals and groups internally and externally, to gain cooperation from others, and to identify the internal and external politics that impact the work of the organization.
- Business Knowledge, including knowledge of the technical, professional, procedural and legal requirements of the specific information technology area.
- Five years of experience in computer or network administration, architecture, operations, production control, systems development, information technology analysis and planning.
- Three (3) years of the General Experience must have been in a lead capacity.
- Experience developing and managing IT vendor procurement documents for Information Technology (IT) projects
- Experience with procurement process which includes initial requisition, selecting vendors, negotiations, and payment
- Experience communicating with stakeholders and vendors through verbal and written correspondence
- Experience managing vendor performance with service level agreements (SLA) and key performance indicators (KPI)
- Experience interpreting and applying statutes, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Experience prioritizing workload and meeting deadlines
Here’s what you can expect from us:
- Remote first culture. We like to think we started the WFH trend, and we like to choose our employees based on talent – not geography.
- Unlimited PTO. We know rest is important, and we want to make sure you are able to rest and recharge throughout the year.
- Premium health benefits. Health, Vision, and Dental insurance are part of our standard offerings.
- 401K. Save for the future with our company 401K plan.
1100 Main Street, Suite #400, Kansas City, MO 64105
OpenMethods is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting and supporting our team-members regardless of where they come from. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
- Analyze user requirements, design, develop, test and deploy various client-servers, web-based software applications.
- Coordinate the design of logical and physical database structures.
- Prepare the Functional/Technical design documents to meet the System requirements, as needed.
- Gather and interpret functional specifications and user requirements.
- Perform software integration and testing, and develop enhancements, modifications/debugging and develop custom components; and coordinate user training and technical documentation as needed.
- Design and create new customer experience applications.
- Update/redesign/scale current platform.
- Participate in code review.
- Responsible for providing solutions from existing application in delivering solution.
- Travel to various unanticipated locations in the United States to interact with clients and train end users for short or long term assignments.
8:30 am – 5:30 pm; 40 Hrs/week (M-F)
MS or Foreign equivalent in Applied Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Engineering, or related field + 1 year of relevant IT experience using .Net Core, C#.Net, SoapUI, Webservice, DBx.DB2, SQLServer, WebAPI, Ajax, and nUnit Technologies. Employer will accept BS or Foreign Equivalent in Applied Computer Science/Computer Information Systems/Engineering, or related field plus 5 years of relevant IT experience using .Net Core, C#.Net, SoapUI, Webservice, DBx.DB2, SQLServer, WebAPI, Ajax, and nUnit Technologies.
1100 Main Street, Suite # 400, Kansas City, MO 64105
Chief Executive Officer – Openmethods, Inc.
1100 Main Street, Suite # 400, Kansas City, MO 64105